HELL and his life.....

YESAYA26:9: "Jiwaku merindukan Engkau pada waktu malam, aku mencari Engkau dengan segenap hati, apabila Engkau menghakimi bumi kelak, penduduknya akan mengetahui makna keadilan"

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Is there emptiness in your life?

Do you feel empty?  Is there something lacking?  Do you long for something but don't quite know what it is?  Are you longing for fulfillment?  Are you unsatisfied with the daily routine of work, or school, or whatever?  Maybe when you are by yourself and you look deep inside, you just don't feel content.  Something is missing.  Maybe you've discovered that indulging the desires of your flesh and mind have not produced the peace and tranquility that you need.
When I was younger I sought many things to replace God.  I tried to identify with something, a cause, a philosophy, even a 'look'.  I was seeking an identity.  For a while those things were entertaining and even exciting. But ultimately, the same emptiness came back.  I can remember one night I was looking for something to break the boredom.  I watched the people around me as they were pursuing the same thing I was and suddenly I realized how futile and empty it all was.  I realized that if I got what I wanted I would still be unsatisfied.  I wanted more than the same old thing.  I wanted something that wouldn't leave me feeling empty after a little while.  I wanted something real.  Somehow, I knew I could only be satisfied by encountering God and finding His purpose.
In His great mercy, God has touched me.  In the midst of my sin, in spite of pursuing my fleshly desires, He came to me and healed my heart. Emptiness is no longer my companion.  In fact, it is so unfamiliar to me that I can barely remember what it was like.  Now, I have peace, contentment, and fulfillment because I have found salvation and fellowship with God.  This fellowship is found in Christ.  "God is faithful through whom you are called into fellowship with his son, Jesus Christ," (1 Cor. 1:9).  When you find Christ and his salvation, you discover your purpose and you find your hope fulfilled.
Good-bye emptiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment